31090051

My fatherinlaw made will few years ago leaving his house

Customer Question

My fatherinlaw made will few years ago lea
ving his house to be sold shared five his family he was told tue he dying and has few weeks we hsve been informed his son is sysafenic and two sisters have talked father in to change will they phoned solicitor and he going house mon my husband and hid brother wants to stop it but we cant get solicitor in time my husband is executor of will what can we do he is slow meaning he went to specisl school and my husband deals with his money
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.

Is your husband's father capable of understanding and making a new will?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He is forget full and slow but probably come across ok the do what they tell him to say ss he easly lead

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He will do what he told as two daughters tell him whst to do but they steal off him money whays my husband has his bank card know

Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
I think your husband should speak to his father and should also arrange to be present when the solicitor comes so as to ensure that his father is not influenced by the sisters. A will made under duress can be challenged.

Happy to discuss further.