13262538

My mum died last week my younger sister has taken over all

Customer Question

My mum died last week my younger sister has taken over all the funeral arrangements and will not give me any information as we are both next of kin can I get an injunction out to stop her
Thank you for your question - I am sorry for your loss
I shall do my best to help you but need some further information first
Did your mother leave a Will?
Do you know which Funeral Director is dealing with the matter?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no my mum left no will..and she wont tell me any ifo other than funeral takes place at mortlake crem 28/08/13 at 320pm
What do you want to achieve in this?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i simply want to send flowers and visit her in the cspel of rest. And i want to do a reading at thr service
You can contact the Crematorium on Monday and they will tell you the name of the Funeral Director.
This will enable you to deal with the first two issues
With regard to the reading the fact is that it is up to either of you to arrange the funeral - neither of you has more right than the other to do so.
Whilst an application to the Court is possible the cost will be high - and if the only dispute is over a reading you need to consider whether or not it is worth the distress and cost it will cause you.
If you do feel that strongly then you will need to apply to the court on Monday
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Claire