Hi, I am a married man with two daughters age 13 & 8. My

Customer Question

I am a married man with two daughters age 13 & 8. My wive recently behaved very harsh towards them and me. She started not coming home and making excuses and saying going to her friends house etc. I know she does not like staying over other peopler's home, i begun to realised that she is having an affair behind my back. What is the possibility
for me to take full custody of my two children if i decide to go for a divorce?

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

Law Denning :

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day today.

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Who has the day to day care of the children at the moment.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets and debts are there and what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am the one who does cooking for my children. My wife is not working at the moment. Both of my daughters knows that their mum has a bad tempered and constantly telling them off. Last month she stayed away from home for 3 nights in a whole week, which she has never done before. To answer your question above i am the one who looks after my children most, and my kids knows that. I worked in the evenings and their mum look after them, but sometimes she just leave them at home and goes to kickboxing, gym and have drinks with her friends. We have a joint mortgage of around 100k. I worked at a chinese take away and enough to pay for the mortgage.

How much is the house worth and if you had the care of the chidlren what would happen in the evenings?