joannem1965
joannem1965, Advocate
Experience:  I am a solicitor
12804206

can I have the courts ruling on me having to resit a driving

Customer Question

can I have the courts ruling on me having to resit a driving test overturned due to special circumstance of disablement so I can drive a specialy adapted vehicle. The trial was at Northampton crown court around may to sept 1997 it was an rta on the m1.

AlexWatts2013 : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
AlexWatts2013 : It's bad news I am afraid and will not be the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you. You have a very limited time of 3 months in which to appeal sentence of a Court. As this offence happened in 1997 and it is now some 16 years you are simply put of time. That means it is too late to appeal so there is nothing you can do. I am sorry but I have a duty t give honest advice.
AlexWatts2013 : Can I clarify anything for you?
AlexWatts2013 : Sorry I have seen a typo it should be you need to appeal within 28 days.
AlexWatts2013 : If this fully answers your question, please take a moment before you leave and rate my service, it only takes a second and is an important part of the process. Otherwise if you need more information or help then please click reply. Alex
Expert:  joannem1965 replied 4 years ago.
Hi there, it's posible there are ways of trying to get an appeal here. Was this a finding of a Crown Court or was it the DVLA?