12826847

I married my husband 30th june 2012. Before our marriage I

Customer Question

I married my husband 30th june 2012. Before our marriage I had and still have:-
A flat purchased 9 years ago, a home (southend where I live) purchased 7 years ago, and a holiday home purchased March 2011 which was derelict and my husband ( a builder) renovated and actually now lives there as he had a building partnership opportunity. He has been cheating on me with the next door neighbour whilst I live down South and work to earn for both of us. He came to me destitute, and I have paid for his life and debt since the spring of 2011. The question is, if we divorce (which he categorically doesn't want as loves me blah de blah), will I have to give him anything? I owned all before the date of marriage, and have paid for every single thing from the day we met to yesterday when I found out all from the woman next door's daughter.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day today.

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

Do you have any children?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No

My DOB is 10/09/62 and his is 15/04/64 FYI

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I already replied to say I did not, and gave my dob and his (10/09/62 and his 15/04/64)

Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to help you but need some further information first.
How much are the assets worth - particularly the holiday property
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please opt out.