joannem1965
joannem1965, Advocate
Experience:  I am a solicitor
12804206

how long can i be kept on police bail for without being ch

Customer Question

how long can i be kept on police bail for without being charged?

AlexWatts2013 : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
AlexWatts2013 : Currently there is no time limit on how long you can be kept on Police but after a number of high profile cases it may be something the government will be looking at to cap.
AlexWatts2013 : But as there is currently no time limit when you go back to the Police station they will either rebail you, charge you or take no further action.
AlexWatts2013 : I know this will not be the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to give honest advice.
AlexWatts2013 : Can I clarify anything for you today? Alex
Expert:  joannem1965 replied 4 years ago.
Hello. Which offence is this? There are limits on some offences.