13262538

Myself and my Fiancée brought a house in Febuary and the ownership

Customer Question

Myself and my Fiancée brought a house in Febuary and the ownership was split by the percentage on what we put in financially, we married in June so will the house still be min the percentages or will it be 50/50 as we are married now?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name is Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.
I presume this is your matrimonial home.
Whilst the Declaration of Trust that you have already signed still stands so far as Property law is concerned in the event of a divorce the Family Court has wide discretion as to how it distributes the matrimonial assets between the two parties.
The Court may consider it just and fair to respect your original agreement - or they may impose their own decision as to what the needs if each party are
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Claire