tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

my wife took a 40.000 loan out on our house behind my back

Customer Question

my wife took a 40.000 loan out on our house behind my back she used people she worked with to say they witnest our signatures,the loan company even spoke to a man on the phone who said he was me they have a taperecording of the conversation and you can tell its not me ,i also have proof i was in germany the day this conversation took place the loan was with a company called firstpluss loans i have kept up my normal morgage repayments with halifax but not paid this company this loan was taken out in 2006 how long hav they got to recover this money and am i liable for this repayment i am no longer with her and live at the property on my own they took me to court over 1 year ago to repossess house but i got it cancelled can u give me any advice thank you
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 4 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer.

tdlawyer :

My name is Tony and I can assist with your question.

tdlawyer :

So have you not paid anything to the loan company that you didn't agree to?