Hi, I had a crash back in November 2004 and was convicted in

Customer Question

Hi, I had a crash back in November 2004 and was convicted in September 2005 of Careless Driving for which I received a fine of £50.00 and 6 Penalty Points. When I went to court I did not have my driving licence with me so I had to send it in to the magistrates to have the endorsement put on, this I did and they sent it back to me with the points on. I thought that was the end of the matter but unfortunately not...when I moved address I put my driving licence (both parts) in a safe place and until two days ago I couldn't find it. I soon realised that the photocard was out of date and I would need to change my address. I am currently in the process of buying a new car so I had to call the DVLA anyway today to give a verbal mandate for the car finance company to speak to the DVLA about my licence, I am still in shock as they told me that my licence was revoked in 2005 as the magistrates court had told them that I did not produce my driving licence for the points to be put on...complete rubbish as I have my counterpart with the endorsement on. This basically means I have been driving for eight years with no licence with my 3yr old son in the car with invalid insurance what if I had had another crash....idiots. They told me that they sent a letter which I obviously did not receive, I asked them why they would not send such a document by recorded delivery!? Surely if they were banning me I would need to be summoned to court and how has this not been picked up by the Police or my insurance company's!!!? Very bizarre. When I asked to speak to a Manager at the DVLA he declined to even talk to me which I think is disgusting, they did not even want to see my counterpart driving licence to prove I was telling the truth. They told me that I would need to fill in a D1 form and send it to them along with my licence to get the matter sorted out but it would take three weeks to process, this is no good as I need my licence for my job so I may get the sack and also my car finance company will not pay out for my new car without being able to check I have a driving licence...Please help as I am at the end of my tether with these people as they have no common sense...I even got the Pre Court Section at Loughborough magistrates to email the DVLA to tell them there had obviously been a mistake and that they hadn't updated their records but this still hasn't helped. Sorry it is long winded but I had to explain in full. Thanks Rob Edwards

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I need to know if DVLA have acted according to the law in regards to my driving licence and revoking it, surely I would have to needed to go to court to be banned!? What happens now because I need my driving licence for work and they have told me that I now can't drive until this is sorted out. The fact that the Manager at the DVLA would not even talk to me is disgusting and this matter will be going to court. I have my counterpart driving licence with the endorsement on it, they have told me that the reason why they revoked my licence 8 YEARS ago was because the magistrates court told them I did not produce it...BIZARRE!!

Can I just check I have this right? In short, you didn't send your licence in so they revoked it leading to your insurance being invalidated?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I only found out today that I had had my licence revoked, this happened 8 years ago...fortunately I have not been pulled over or had a crash in this period otherwise things could be a lot worse. They revoked my licence as they told me that Loughborough magistrates court did not receive my licence to have the endorsement written which they blatantly have because I have it in front of me. I am disgusted with the DVLA and will be making a formal complaint and will be looking at taking legal action against them.

Did you send your licence to the DVLA for points to be added?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I sent my driving licence to the court for the points to be added on their request which they is shown on my licence. I have just been to the CAB and they rang the DVLA on my behalf. I now have to fax my counterpart licence to them to have the revocation reversed, I then need to ring them back tomorrow to make sure this has been done so hopefully we may have a happy outcome. Thanks

So you don't need an answer now?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No thank you, I hope I haven't wasted your time but I didn't expect to get an appointment to see the CAB so quickly and I didn't expect to get things sorted out after my dealings this morning with the DVLA. Just shows what happens when you get someone like the CAB involved! Many thanks

No problem.

I would keep this question open as you might get a negative response from the DVLA tomorrow.