12826847

My son has rented a property for 7 years with his wife and

Customer Question

My son has rented a property for 7 years with his wife and had had trouble with the letting
agent when requested some repairs, he has sent 21 emails to them but never contacted him
He has held the rent for one month in hope to have the repairs seen to as there are brinks fallen from the chimmey and have trouble with lack of water into the property.
This morning has had a eviction notice.
As he works in London he asked me to ask for some advice regards XXXXX XXXXX in this matter.
Can you help?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name is Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.

Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

What type of contract does your son have?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day today.

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

What type of contract is it?