75100385

My car was seized by the bailiff due to an outstanding finance

Customer Question

My car was seized by the bailiff due to an outstanding finance amount, I have just bought the car two months ago. I am currently the 4th keeper of the vehicle and the person who owe the finance is the 1st keeper. Are the bailiffs allowed to take my car?

AlexWatts2013 :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.

AlexWatts2013 :

Do you agree there is outstanding finance on the car? Do you know who the seller (to you) of the car is?

AlexWatts2013 :

Are you able to respond please - I am here to help you?