12826847

my solicitor has taken over one year to settle my late aunts

Customer Question

my solicitor has taken over one year to settle my late aunts estate he will not show me the will and has made himself execitor and will not reply to my emails what can i legally do
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name is Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.

Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

Do you suspect your solicitor is going to abuse this position?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I cant see why it is taken so long and why he has not been keeping me up to date as to why also why he refuses to show me a copy of the will

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
He cannot "make himself" executor. Is he noted in the will as executor?
Are youa beneficiary?
Has he applied for probate?
When? What is the size of the estate. Thanks