12826847

i have been living with my sister for a year or two and claiming

Customer Question

i have been living with my sister for a year or two and claiming JSA for about a year - before this i have lived with girlfriend and also with my parents.

My sister is a single parent in receipt of tax credits and income support and she asked me to claim from our parents address in case her benefits were affected - she does not claim housing benefit .

Last week someone turned up from DWP to see me at my parents in Nottingham from "Information Governance Security Performance Measurement " - what would be best to do - have i done aanything wrong and should i just come clean about my right address
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Do you know if you are being investigated for benefit fraud?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Not as far as i know - why does a random visit make this likely - My father was told it was a random check

Can I just clarify that its ou they want to see not her?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

FOR JOMO1972

yes

Have they invited you in for interview?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No - but they want to visit me and see proof of ID - if i want this to be not at parents need to contact and they will notify of time - otherwise will just turn up

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

FOR JOMO1972

No - but they want to see me in about 2 weeks if will be at parents will just turn up - if want to be seen elsewhere tell them and will notify of appointment . Need to produce ID e.g. driving licence or bank statement

Is there anything else that could concern them? I'm struggling to see their interest in you at the moment.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was sanctioned for lateness in signing on recently - I was self employed before signing on some months ago .

Are you assuming that when they say it is a random check this would not be true ?- and this was specifically said

Who are the ""Information Governance Security Performance Measurement" ?

Why do they want to see ID and interview me at home ?

I'm sorry for the delay. I'm just travelling home but I will pick this up soon
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I think i have worked this out for myself via internet research - this is a performance check chosen at random to try to estimate overpaynents / fraud etc

I take it you will not be responding now this evening so no offence but no need to now -

Please don't charge however

No problem.

All the best.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

to customer service

If you check the communication between myself and the expert you will see that my question was not answered and that i therefore solved my problem myself- this was several hours after the question was asked and not due to my failure to respond .

[lease therefore refund my deposit - you should also take this as notice to cancel my subscription

You need to email them [email protected]