Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street Practice
11292137

If a client which entered into a contract for services from

Customer Question

If a client which entered into a contract for services from a provider had been lied to during a stage of a complaint and such a lie could be proven with sophisticated evidences, what are the rights of the client and what legislation governs his rights?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name is Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.

Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

Could you explain your situation a little more please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have entered into a services contract with a firm, which their services feel short due to an alleged reason. The reason was investigated upon by me, and the firm had not provided evidence for a month about their alleged reason on why their services failed. I also hold sophisticated claims in why they are not telling the truth, I would like to understand what legislation governs my right to deal with this.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
I have answered this on another thread. What else do you want to know?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I want an answer to this as it's a separate question and cannot be asked on the same thread.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
So you are asking about the right of a person to conduct their own litigation?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No is there anything in the law which speaks that if a company lies about a complaint, these are the consequences according to any legislation?

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
I am still not certain what you are getting at. Defamation?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not defamation.

Their services have failed to be at par, and they alleged that it is due to another party's fault which caused the issue. I have found that the other party was actually performing up the standards, hence the issue on how the services was under-par it was due to the firm and the firm had lied about it being at the fault of another party.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

I am going to opt out of this for another expert to consider. Please do not reply or it comes back into my inbox. Another expert will pick it up at some stage. It is now open to all experts.