Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street Practice
11292137

Will a property have to be sold to pay for nursing fees if

Customer Question

Will a property have to be sold to pay for nursing fees if the divorced owner goes in to care when the property is also occupied by her two adult sons?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name is Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.

Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

How old are her two sons?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

37 and 33, both bachelors. Freehold owned outright.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Please bear with me, I have a slower connection than usual today and may take a little bit longer to respond. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

awaiting answer

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
I am sorry, but this is not an instant service because we are all solicitors in practice. We do not sit online 24/7. We all have clients and court and other users on this site and travelling and weekends and evenings etc. We are often on and offline all day every day. Sometimes therefore you will get an answer in minutes and sometimes it is hours. The site does give the impression that experts will answer in nanoseconds will unfortunately, the site is hosted in San Francisco and we are all based in the UK and we have no control over site content.
Unfortunately the house isn’t excluded unless a close relative over 60or civil partner is living there.
Sorry.
Does that answer the question? Can I answer any specific points?
Can I answer any specific points or clarify anything?
If you have not done already, please don't forget to positively rate my answer service even if it was not what you wanted to hear. You should now see a series of buttons which enable you to rate my answer service formally.
If you don't rate it positively, then the site keep your deposit and I get 0 for my time. It is imperative that you give my answer a positive rating.
It doesn’t give me, “a pat on the head”, “good boy” (like ebay), it is my livelihood!
If in ratings you feel that you expected more or it only helped a little, please ask.
The thread does remain open for me to answer follow-up questions after rating my answer service.
Rating doesn’t close the enquiry at all even though the site may give that impression. It remains open for you to read and ask for further clarification.
Regards.