12826847

what circumstances qualify a sitting tenant status,one tenant

Customer Question

what circumstances qualify a sitting tenant status,one tenant has been on the property for 13 years and the other for 10years.both without a contract.we have both recently been given two months to vacate
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name isXXXXX and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.

Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

Are you hoping to challenge the notice to vacate?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
What type of tenancy is this? AST?

I am offline shortly until later buy will pick this up at some stage