12826847

I took out a service plan last year with Honda for my Jazz

Customer Question

I took out a service plan last year with Honda for my Jazz and was told for a cost of just under £20 monthly I would receive free breakdown services , M.o.t for £30 plus cheaper parts if required . So for one year I paid just under £ 240 and attended for my service 2 days ago . I was told it was a bigger service due to particular age of car and it would take approx. 4 hours for it and m.o.t .I received a phonecall half way through telling me my front brakepads and discs would need replaced and my back one would also need replaced in 2 months . I also needed new front washers and I agreed to all the work being done . I paid £432 for this work before I took the car away . I phoned service plan people next day to cancel plan as I felt in total I had paid £ 672 approx. . She asked me why I had had to pay this money to garage and she phoned them to check and then told me it was for M.O.t purposes . Im puzzled where my £240 went plus was amazed to find out if I cancel plan I would need to pay an extra £130 .71 pence or continue plan for 7 months and then cancel . I am absolutely puzzled at what seems to me a sheer ripoff and I have sent a cheque out to company and told them I will never EVER go to Honda again . I am now over £800 out of pocket all because I took a service plan out . can I have your comments please .
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
My name is Alex Hughes and I am a Solicitor based in London.

What do you wish to know about this exactly? Did you not receive discounted services under the plan?