12826847

I am a psychiatric nurse and work in an elderly care home for

Customer Question

I am a psychiatric nurse and work in an elderly care home for people with advanced dementia. This week, I worked a day shift from 7am to 7pm. Come 7pm, the night nurse didnt show up and so I had to remain at work for the whole night shift as well. My manager was on annual leave, the second manager was out of area, neither of the companys others homes returned my calls to get help from any other manager and no agency could supply a nurse for the night. Therefore, I was trapped there and had to work a straight 24 hour shift. I feel very unhappy about having been put in a position whereby I couldnt leave the premises. How long would I have had to stay if no other nurses the following day had turned up? What is the companys position in such situations and what could I have done differently?
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

How long have you worked there please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have worked there since May 2011.

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. I have been asked to look at this as its more my area of law. What would you like to achieve?
Actually I have looked into your query but do not think I have the answer to your question so will opt out and let other experts take this further if they can. Someone should respond shortly. Please do not reply in the meantime as that will just assign the question back to me and you will experience a delay. Thanks
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi there,

Please could you cancel the question now. Thank you for your efforts.