12826847

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX my husband and I are getting divorced;

Customer Question

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX my husband and I are getting divorced; our mortgage is in both our names and currently I am living there with our two children, ages 13 and 11. We are in the process of going through mediation but I feel as this is biased towards my ex-partner and I would like to know if this is usual? Our mortgage is for a lot more than the house is currently worth (due to a re-mortgage some years ago). I understand that my ex's obligation financially is 20% of his income, which is apparently equivalent to the mortgage repayments. I am unemployed but looking for work to fit in with school hours, and I do not have a car thus limited in terms of type of job/distance to travel etc.

I would be grateful for any advice you can give.

Best regards,

Frances Sim
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
In what way do you feel that the mediator is biased?
What income does your ex have and how much is the negative equity?
Claire