75100385

When my child was 6 he was assaulted by a rugby coach.Initially

Customer Question

When my child was 6 he was assaulted by a rugby coach.
Initially it was a verbal threat, victimisation at training.
One incident was witnessed by other parents and reported to us.
Finally he compressed his ribs, hurting him so that he couldn't breathe and trailing him. 2 other coaches had to intervene.
The rugby committee said that he would step down and never coach children there again.
My child is now 11 & I have been told informally that he has been cleared to coach his team.
Also my husband coaches for this club for 6 years. A coach who was on this original committee has blocked my husband from moving down to coach my other son. He has an impeccable record and respect of the parents. We feel this is payback. Is there anything we can do to protect our child rather than taking him to another club and without the ordeal of going to the police? Thanks

AlexWatts2013 : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
AlexWatts2013 : Did you ever make a complaint to the Police please?
JACUSTOMER-bi8g132l- : No
JACUSTOMER-bi8g132l- : no because I thought this would affect his wife & child.
JACUSTOMER-bi8g132l- : No because I didn't want to affect his wife and child
AlexWatts2013 : Would you be prepared to do this now?
JACUSTOMER-bi8g132l- : As a last resort.
JACUSTOMER-bi8g132l- : is this info confidential or free for all to view on line?
AlexWatts2013 : I see you have rated poor but I have not given an answer yet. The question is public but your details are not.
AlexWatts2013 : What injuries did he suffer please?
AlexWatts2013 : Note as it is Sunday I will be having dinner with parents.