Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

as per the divorce agreement I have been paying my ex wife

Customer Question

as per the divorce agreement I have been paying my ex wife £100.00 maintenance for our daughter but have now started to put this £100 into my daughters account instead. My daughter is in sixth form. My ex wife has contacted CSA but I am still paying the money but just to my daughter instead. Does my ex have a right to claim as I still pay?
Thank you for questio
I have bad news for you I am afraid that paying money direct to your daughter does not count as Child Maintenance and I am afraid that you will indeed now have to pay the CSA assessment
I wish I had better news - please ask if you need further details
Claire
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.