Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

Hi, i am trying to get advice for my sister,who lives in chesterfield.

Customer Question

Hi, i am trying to get advice for my sister,who lives in chesterfield. She lives in a house with her partner, and they have 6 children living with them, and one of those is expecting a baby at the end of the year. Due to recent housing benefit changes, they are on of only a few families in the area who have had their housing benefit cut from £150 a week to 50 pence a week, and are therefore being evicted in november by their landlord as they cannot afford to live there. They are terrified of being homeless, or being seperated if the council re-house them, as one daughter is 22, and two are 17.Please can you tell me what they can do

AlexWatts2013 :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.

AlexWatts2013 :

Have they applied to the Council to be registered homeless yet please? Are they on the Council's waiting list?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.