Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

I have gone through the the first steps of buying a house which

Customer Question

I have gone through the the first steps of buying a house which was up for sale by agent and said i would buy it at the agreed price and told to get a solicitor which i did and payed him 1,000 up front as asked by him i am now been told there is court on the property because her ex partner who she no longer lives with her and has seen the house with a sold board on it has put a court order on it so the sale has come to a stand as he is on the deeds.and i am sitting waiting and lost money which i will found hard to replaced to buy.I have sorted the schools out for the children and my wife has got a job to there but it will be 38 miles each way to to keep her job and we are in a rented house which we have to give up soon can any one help me should i get my money back as looks like it may go for a long time some the estate agent has said hey are waiting for a date for the court he only maybe a couple of weeks really do not know what to do should someone have checked there was more than one name on the house and could be put up for sale and let it go on as far as this.thank you.

AlexWatts2013 :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.

AlexWatts2013 :

You paid the estate agent a deposit of £1000 - what did they say this was for please?

JACUSTOMER-gscw381a- :

No I said paid a solicitor to go forward with the sale of the house.

AlexWatts2013 :

Was the £1000 for a deposit or on account of fees and searches please?

JACUSTOMER-gscw381a- :

+Yes

AlexWatts2013 :

Yes to which one?!

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.