12826847

My daughter is getting threats from ex boyfriend from prison

Customer Question

My daughter is getting threats from ex boyfriend from prison police say it is nothing to do with them as he is under prison control need help
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I would like to know what I need to do not to just stop the letters but stop him from carrying out the threats to my daughter and the family when he leaves prison, these are serious threats to my daughter's life and I am unsure what action to take.

Ultimately there is no other action you can take than report this to the police.

He is always in prison so he cannot be remanded. There is no point in an injunction order because the ultimate sanction of that is that he will be imprisoned and he is anyway.

She can always seek an injunction order upon his release but there's no point now.

If these communications amount to a witness intimidation or a threats to kill then the police can prosecute him in the normal way.