I wonder if you can help me. Im being made redundant from

Customer Question

I wonder if you can help me. I'm being made redundant from my current role as a PA, I have ben here 15 years. My job was split over three areas and my salary split the same, I was paid 30% by the virtual team, 50% by the finance team and 20% by the client solutions team. My client solutions team have been merged with another team and I have been told my job is redundant, even though the other two teams are carrying on. The virtual team now have an intern performing my role for a lower salary and the finance team have asked another PA to take over my role with them - even though they initially told me they would be self sufficient? Is this right and allowed?

I am working 11 of my 12 weeks notice due to the amount of work I have to complete before I leave, and I have ten days holiday which I have accrued and am unable to take due to workload, I haven't been able to have time off to look for another job, join agencies or event take advantage of the CV / interview service offered.

At the same time as this was happening, another PA's role changed and she took over looking after the same team my team was merged with, and I asked if the job role should be pooled and both of us allowed to apply, and the answer I was given is someone would still have to be made redundant and no further answer given. The other PA is lovely, but she has only been there 2 years so would be cheaper to make redundant, but her sister is PA to the MD, so I feel she would have had a say in the decision.
Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Before proceeding please note that as I am a practising solicitor, I am often in and out of meetings, travelling between clients or even at court when I pick your question up. This may even occur at weekends. Therefore, I apologise in advance but there may be a delay in getting back to you and providing my advice. Please be patient and I will respond as soon as I can. You do not have to wait here and you will receive an email when I have responded. For now please let me know what you woud like to achieve?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like to find out if my company are behaving fairly to me and if there is anything I can do about the situation.

Thanks a lot

Hello Donna, so did you have 3 separate contracts? Are they making you redundant from all 3 jobs?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No its just one job, my salary was split across the three sections in one company, and only one section of my job is "redundant" the other two sections are continuing on, one part is now being looked after my an intern and one part by one of the others PA's

ok thank you so just to clarify - because only one part of your job is apparently disappearing they want to make you redundant from all 3 jobs at the same time?