joannem1965
joannem1965, Advocate
Experience:  I am a solicitor
12804206

Good afternoon. I have subscirebed to a service online for

Customer Question

Good afternoon.
I have subscirebed to a service online for 12 months. My last invoice I have not paid yet but they have stopped me access to my account. Can they do this? I am about to pay but will be paying for a service that they have stopped me using...
Expert:  joannem1965 replied 4 years ago.
Hello.

Are you still paying for this service?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Well I tried to cancel but I have signed up for 12 months so they would not let me. I am a bit late paying my invoice and I have signed in to access my account and it has been disabled. However, if I pay now, I will be paying for all the time it was disblaed and I was uanble to use it...

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have been paying monthly since March, and the one I have not paid is DATED 30th August

In their terms and conditions, you would have agreed to pay monthly.
You are in breach of contract.
If you are in breach of contract, you will probably find that they are entitled to terminate the service or at least suspend it.
In that respect, you need to check their terms and conditions but even without reading them, I would be very surprised if the above was not the case.
In any event, if the service was only suspended for five days, the amount of any refund to you would, in the whole scale of things, be negligible.
This is not one that I would be making a big force over with any hope of having a favourable result.
I’m sorry that I cannot give you a more positive answer.
Can I answer any specific points or clarify anything?