tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

After paying what my solicitor had described as his "final

Customer Question

After paying what my solicitor had described as his "final invoice" I have been hit over a year later with additional fees of nearly £600 which were for counsels advice. (This had been consented to during the case but allegedly missed off on his fees as what he describes as an oversight) Am I bound to pay this ?
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 4 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer. My name is Tony and I can answer your question for you.

tdlawyer :

I'm afraid you would be liable to pay the bill if counsel's fee was incurred with your consent. However, you might have grounds to argue that the solicitor has delivered inadequate professional services and that as a result you are entitled to report him/her to the Legal Ombudsman. This is something that they might want to avoid and you might be able to use that as a negotiating leverage to reduce what you might pay. Like going half each, paying £300 plus VAT each and calling it a day.

tdlawyer :

Hello.