75100385

I had a head gasket repair done on my vehicle two weeks after

Customer Question

I had a head gasket repair done on my vehicle two weeks after I got vehicle I got bill which said that mitsubishi advice changing the radiator I paid the bill and when I asked about the radiator the mechanic said as I had done 1500 miles it would be ok.2000 miles later head gasket blew again it was subsequently taken in and this time head was skimmed and given back first bill 1100 second bill 1500 which I have not paid I had constant problems after this and as a result I took the step of fititing a recon engine at a cost of 3000 two months after second job was done garage is threatening me with small claims where d I stand

AlexWatts2013 :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.

AlexWatts2013 :

I assume you have not paid the bill then? How old is the vehicle and how many miles has it done? Is it under warranty please?

JACUSTOMER-028vy5ci- : 56 plate mitsubishi l200 pick up 89000 miles no warranty I have spoken with a few garages and they would normally give a three to six month warranty on head gasket repairs mine failed after 3500 miles two months it did not over heat second time head was not skimmed just new gasket fitted first time in garage i
JACUSTOMER-028vy5ci- : Not paid second bill this is on going from oct last year new engine was fitted second week in December last year
AlexWatts2013 :

How much is owed to the garage in total? Was it something the garage would have known of failed?