Vincent2013
Vincent2013, JustAnswer Expert
Experience:  Qualified solicitor and barrister (non-practising) with 7+ years experience
74366787

How can I check whether a property has any charges and how

Customer Question

How can I check whether a property has any charges and how much they are
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
A simple question but no answer
Expert:  Vincent2013 replied 4 years ago.

Hi, thanks very much for yor question. My name's XXXXX XXXXX I'm going to assist you with it.

In order to check for charges on a registered property you need to go to the following website: https://www.landregistry.gov.uk

Once you have created an account (which is a very straightforward process) click on the tab that says "Find a Property". This can be found near the top of the page. You can then enter the details of the relevant property and you will be able to order a set of register entries. You will be sent a link to these (via email), as soon as you have paid the small fee.

Once you have downloaded the document from the link, look in the C Register (the "Charges Register") of the title entries. If there are any charges or mortgages, these will be set out there.

I hope that answers your question. If so, please do take a moment to rate my answer and don't hesitate to let me know if you need any further clairifcation on the above.