12826847

i am so scared, iam 65 yrs old and being investigated for benefit

Customer Question

i am so scared, iam 65 yrs old and being investigated for benefit fraud, claiming pension credit for 5 yrs when i have capital, will I be sent to prison for this i am making myself ill with worry please advise
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

How much is the alleged overpayment?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I think it is about £20,000

Do you have any previous please?

If so, for what and when?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
no I have not ever had any other convictions againt me and I dont feel I am being given an answer to my question
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

FORJOMO1972 No If I did I would not be asking now what will happen to me

The reason you are experiencing delay is that you keep posting and relisting before I have responded which pushes the question to the back of my list so please just wait for a response.

Also, a large number of people with previous convictions do actually ask what sentence they will receive.

I need to know how this overpayment came about? Was it a false claim from the start?

I am not able to answer without proper information. Or, at least, I could do that but then the answer will probably be wrong.