I cracked the light of a stationary lorry unloading in a Tesco

Customer Question

I cracked the light of a stationary lorry unloading in a Tesco Car Park, It was parked not in the unloading area but across the road of the customer car park & the incident happened as I tried to squeeze past.
The driver photographed; his damaged light, myself, my number plate 7 then wanted to photograph the 'damage' to my car. As there was no damage to my car & I had photographed his number plate(exchanged details as I thought) & he had become very unpleasant & was shouting at me aggressively I drove away.
Now I must go to Court for; Leaving the scene, failure to notify Police & also reckless driving. This will no doubt result in several points being added to my license OR my QUESTION is, Will it? As accordintg to Act 701 this requires the incident to be in a public not a private place & Tesco Car Parrk is private.
I am single, have 2 Primary aged children whose school is aXXXXXaway, we live in the country, 3 miles from the shops. If I plead unreasoable hardship will it be considered as I have 9 points already & have been released from loosing my license 6 years ago by using this plea.
Expert:  joannem1965 replied 3 years ago.

Who is taking you to court? What for? What are the nine points for? When do they expire? I’m a bit confused as to why you’re being prosecuted relieving this scene, failure to notify police and reckless driving, when you stopped. Can you please expand or explain?

where exactly did this happen because it is not clear whether it was actually in the car park or across the road on the public road?

We need as much detail as possible please Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The incident was inside the tesco carpark.

The njne points are all for speeding on 3 different occasions in a 30 limit zone.

I think the Norfolk & Suffolk Police are prosecuting me after being informed by the Warburtons Bread Company whose lorry was wrongly parked by the aggressive driver who took all the photos.

I stopped but did not exchange name, address, insurance details which is apparently mandatory even though all that is available from my number plate.

However the company or whoever it was not have not chased upmy Insurance company which seems rather strange as they must have their details.

Have you heard from the Police?
Have you written to Warburtons?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have replied & answered all questions you asked please check again.

I have looked at
the answers you have supplied and I can confirm that you thought that Norfolk
and Suffolk police were prosecuting you after being informed by Warburtons.

I'm afraid I can't
even begin to answer with such limited information.

I need to know have
you heard from the police and need to know if you have been in contact with war
buttons. Not least because, if the driver was aggressive with you, I would be
making a claim to his employer or bringing the company into disrepute.

I fail to see how
you can be prosecuted if this was on private land.

I fail to see how
you can be prosecuted for leaving the scene and failing to notify a driver when
you say you stop, photographed his number plate and exchanged details with him.
In any event, it is in a private car park and is not a matter for the police
even if you were driving around like a lunatic it is not a matter for the
police unless you actually injured anyone. I assume that this is indeed a car park
owned by Tesco and not a public car park which appears to be owned by Tesco.
The reason I say that is that not far from me is a very large Asda which
appears to have a very large Asda car park but it is not a very large Asda car
park, it is a very large council car park that looks like an Asda car park.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

I have been asked to look at this for you.

Can I have the information my colleague asked for please? Thanks