75100385

i am a partner in a business but want to dissolve the partnership.

Customer Question

i am a partner in a business but want to dissolve the partnership. I am the name on the lease so wish to change the business name and continue. Is this possible?

AlexWatts2013 : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
AlexWatts2013 : Is the lease in your name personally or the business name please?
AlexWatts2013 : I see you say you are the name on the lease but does it also have your partners name or is it your sole name?
JACUSTOMER-e9onfmj0- : It's in my name solely
AlexWatts2013 : If the lease is in your name only then you can carry out whatever business you want there. You do not need permission from your ex partner.
AlexWatts2013 : So if the partnership is dissolved you can set up and carry on this new business from that address using the same lease.
AlexWatts2013 : This is because the lease is in your sole name and not the business.
AlexWatts2013 : Can I clarify anything for you about this at all today please? Alex
AlexWatts2013 : Note I may be on and offline if you need further help today.