13262538

As part of my divorce settlement in 2008 I was awarded a 20%

Customer Question

As part of my divorce settlement in 2008 I was awarded a 20% settlement of the equity from the sale of the family home which would have been due for payment this year or next. I was forced to sign the deeds of the house to my ex as part of the court order! In 2010 I was made bankrupt without my knowledge my ex wife sold the property and negotiated a settlement with the trustee for far less than the 20% I was owed, she now says that she no longer owes me any money as she paid my money to ttrustee
Thanks for your question
My name is Claire and I shall do my best to help you.
I am afraid that if your ex has indeed paid this money to the Trustee in Bankruptcy (and you should check) then you no longer have any claim on the property
The Trustee was entitled to collect those funds and your ex was entitled to negotiate whatever deal she could - and no she does not owe you the difference.
Sorry to give you such bad news - please ask if you need further details
Claire