12826847

I have just bought a new peugeot 208, paid the full amount

Customer Question

I have just bought a new peugeot 208, paid the full amount but not taken delivery until tomorrow. i have read a lot of bad reviews about the model and now want to change my mind where do I stand . i paid on a debit card today

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Did you agree any cooling off rights?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, I was keen to get the car straight away, and I should have not made the decision without sleeping on it

These things are very emotional purchases unfortunately.

I'm very sorry but its bad news.

If you did this deal in store you are locked in immediately and you didn't agree cooling off rights.

If you hadn't paid then the practical reality is that they would have let you cancel. The difficulty here is that you have paid and there's no way around that. The contract is complete in full and the vehicle is available for your collection.

You could try negotiating with them. Sometimes they are reasonable as they would still have the car to sell.

Unfortunately though if they refuse there's no way you can force them to cancel.

If you really don't want this car then you could sell it straight away to recover at least some of your money.

I'm very sorry but thats your position.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

For Jo C

Thanks for your reply, can I cancel it on my debit card. I only paid 6 hours ago. Alternatively am i in my rights to ask for a guarantee on the correct functioning of the sat nav which everyone is saying is problematic with this car

You could tru but they are often unhelpful. Obviously you can't do that lawfully but they would not sue normally.

You don't have a right to a guarantee at all but you are protected under the sale of goods act for all of these items.

Guarantees often so full of holes they are not worth much.

I'm just offline but I can pick up tomorrow if you want to know anything else.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

For Jo C

Ok , I suppose i should try and sleep now also, speak again tomorrow

No problem. Let me know.