29905560

I have an employment case against my ex boss who kept trying

Customer Question

I have an employment case against my ex boss who kept trying to set me up on a date with his best friend, shut me in an office with him until I agreed to go on a date and made me cuddle him. This happened in April 2012, my current solicitor has gone down the protection under harassment trial. But speaking to other solicitors, they suggest I should have gone to an Employment tribunal. I am getting nervous as costs are spiraling as we get nearer the trial. Is there anyone who can recommend a good No win No fee solicitor or employment barrister. Regards Angela

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

Before proceeding please note that as I am a practising solicitor, I am often in and out of meetings, travelling between clients or even at court when I pick your question up. This may even occur at weekends. Therefore, I apologise in advance but there may be a delay in getting back to you and providing my advice. Please be patient and I will respond as soon as I can. You do not have to wait here and you will receive an email when I have responded. For now please let me know when the trial is

JACUSTOMER-uks3svfp- :

Ben Jones :

Hello I have already seen this information in your original query, but please let me know when the trial is? Also do you just need a barrister for this case which is already in the courts?

JACUSTOMER-uks3svfp- :

Good morning Ben,

JACUSTOMER-uks3svfp- :

I'm new to this site, so bare with me! The trial is set between December and February. Oxford County Court have allowed 2 days but my solicitor said it should be heard in 1 day. As yet, I don't have a barrister, I would assume my solicitor would know who to instruct. But I was enquiring if Employment barristers can work on a no win no fee or any additional advice would be most welcome. I can email the Particulars of claim and defence if needs be.

Hello, if you have a solicitor then they would be the ones who instruct the barrister and can recommend someone suitable to take your claim on. I must admit it is rare for barristers to work on a no win no fee basis and that would only happen if you have quite a strong case. Whether you do is something that the barrister will determine once they have conducted a formal case analysis and considered your case and all evidence and documents you have in relation to it.

The usual way for barristers to work is that you would pay them a set fee for their appearance on the first day, with a 'retainer' for any additional days they have to represent you at. As barristers are self employed all fees would be negotiable so never assume that what you have been quoted is the fixed amount that you have to pay regardless.

The usual advice given to customers by barristers chambers is "If you want your case to be funded on a no win no fee basis, the barrister is likely to advise you to approach a solicitor who is prepared to work on this basis, who can then instruct a barrister as appropriate".
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Ben,

I guess the answer I received isn't the one I originally asked. I was looking for a barrister that would work on a non win no fee basis as I was told by a solicitor in September that some do. I am going to go back to the original solicitor and ask there.

ok, I am afraid we cannot recommend any barristers ourselves