12826847

I am having a dispute between LLoyds and my telephone company

Customer Question

I am having a dispute between LLoyds and my telephone company utility warehouse concerning a payment.
I have a master card cash back facility. On the 26th April I transfered £300.35 from my LLoyds account to the master card. That was fine and all went through the transaction was ok.
Then I have just got a bill from utility warehouse for £300 - they say Lloyds made a charge back of £300 on the 22nd July. LLoyds deny that and have gone through everything and said no charge back was made - it would have gone back into my account if they had. Utility warehouse say the payment went out definitely to Lloyds (who deny ever receiving it have searched holding accounts ets) Neither of them are taking responsibility and blaming the other - LLoyds said they did no such thing and Utility Warehouse said its gone out of their account to Lloyds. I have made numerous phone calls on 0845 numbers for hoursto both parties and getting nowhere. If I do not pay the £300 as it was 'the banks fault' they will cut off my telephone and internet line. meanwhile it looks as though I have to pay the money which is either flying around in cyber space/fraud/ whatever. I rang the fraud department and no luck. HELP

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Have the company produced any evidence of the chargeback?