75100385

If a commercial landlord places a caveat on your personnel

Customer Question

If a commercial landlord places a caveat on your personnel property In respect to a dispute , and then the dispute is reconciled in court should the caveat then be withdrawn immediately also is it legal not to advise the plaintiff that the caveat was even placed

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
Alex Watts : Do you mean a restriction? Was there a county court judgment please?
JACUSTOMER-wcg1m3t4- : No
Alex Watts : What has been pleased on the property exactly please? What does the caveat say?
JACUSTOMER-wcg1m3t4- : It is a caveat for £26,000 in respect of rent for a property rent I was not informed and when it went to court a sum of money owed was agreed and paid In full by myself so the matter was resolved in 2010
JACUSTOMER-wcg1m3t4- : A caveat for the sum of £26,000 in loo of property rent the matter went to court and was resolved and a sum agreed to which was paid in full in 2010 we were never told about the caveat so thought the matter was closed
JACUSTOMER-wcg1m3t4- : A caveat for the sum of £26,000 was placed on the property I over an owed sum of rent by a third party the matter went to court and was settled and a sum was agreed and paid in full in 2010 we were unaware the caveat existed is this legally allowed when a matter is conclude
Alex Watts : Have you applied to the land registry to remove it yet please?