75100385

Hi, I think I have a slightly difficult question, Ill try

Customer Question

Hi, I think I have a slightly difficult question, I'll try to explain it briefly. Received a letter from Marston group stating I owe HMCTS Greater Manchester money for waiting in a non waiting area back in February 2005 which I can't remember. I sent Marston group an email to send me further information regarding the penalty, nothing received until I received a letter from Marston group by hand on the 6th of september stating I now owe £345 I rang Marston group up and said I sent you an email on the 21st of July requesting further information on whom can I contact regarding the fine and they said they had sent me an email which I didn't receive because someone from Marston group admin had sent it incorrectly, I had advised Marston group to send it using lower case to my email address, once received the email on it was no information on whom to contact regarding the fine all it was mentioning that I owe £130 and I have 28 days to make the payment. Firstly I don't know if the penalty is mine to pay? secondly can they still request a payment to be made after 8 and a half years? If you require any further information please contact me via email [email protected] thanks look forward to your reply

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
Alex Watts : Do you know whether this is civil or criminal matter please?