NPower are charging my daughter and her partner £200 a month

Customer Question

NPower are charging my daughter and her partner £200 a month for their gas and electric, but British Gas can do it for just £77 a month. NPower say that they owe them £1100, they have asked NPower to come and check the meters several times, but they are refusing to check them as they say they are working perfectly. They can not move to British Gas til they have paid off this money.

Also car insurers, are charging her partner £995.00 for a full years car insurance because he missed one months payment. They have refused him to pay monthly, their reason is because he missed one months payment the insurance is cancelled and they want the years money as it is company policy.

What can we do to solve these problems ??

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

You are raising two entirely dissimilar questions in one post. I can help you with the first matter but not the second.

You would really need to ask another question about the second matter.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok Jo, How long before we get an answer?

I can help with the first matter now.

You will need to post a second question on the second matter but I'm sure it will be picked up soon.

Do they accept owing a debt to NPower?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

For Jo C.

Just come back from my daughters, we think that there is a problem with the boiler. It hasn't been serviced since March 2012. It is a private tenancy. We have phoned the landlord and he is coming to check the boiler on Monday 16th September. My daughter has phoned N Power and they want £105.00 within 21 days for the electric, and also, £652.00 for the gas within 21 days. She has applied for a Energy Trust Fund but that can take 6 months. They can only afford to pay £100.00 a month, my daughter offered this but N Power have refused it and will only except £175.00 a month. This is stressing her beyond belief as they have a 1 year old son to think about as well. Can you help please.

What I need to know is whether or not they accept the debt to NPower?