How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Jo C. Your Own Question

Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 31300
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

NPower are charging my daughter and her partner £200 a month

Customer Question

NPower are charging my daughter and her partner £200 a month for their gas and electric, but British Gas can do it for just £77 a month. NPower say that they owe them £1100, they have asked NPower to come and check the meters several times, but they are refusing to check them as they say they are working perfectly. They can not move to British Gas til they have paid off this money.

Also car insurers, are charging her partner £995.00 for a full years car insurance because he missed one months payment. They have refused him to pay monthly, their reason is because he missed one months payment the insurance is cancelled and they want the years money as it is company policy.

What can we do to solve these problems ??
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

You are raising two entirely dissimilar questions in one post. I can help you with the first matter but not the second.

You would really need to ask another question about the second matter.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok Jo, How long before we get an answer?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
I can help with the first matter now.

You will need to post a second question on the second matter but I'm sure it will be picked up soon.

Do they accept owing a debt to NPower?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

For Jo C.


Just come back from my daughters, we think that there is a problem with the boiler. It hasn't been serviced since March 2012. It is a private tenancy. We have phoned the landlord and he is coming to check the boiler on Monday 16th September. My daughter has phoned N Power and they want £105.00 within 21 days for the electric, and also, £652.00 for the gas within 21 days. She has applied for a Energy Trust Fund but that can take 6 months. They can only afford to pay £100.00 a month, my daughter offered this but N Power have refused it and will only except £175.00 a month. This is stressing her beyond belief as they have a 1 year old son to think about as well. Can you help please.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

What I need to know is whether or not they accept the debt to NPower?

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice