12826847

Hi, I have had a healthcare protection policy since 1994, and

Customer Question

Hi, I have had a healthcare protection policy since 1994, and at my latest financial review found out the this is next worthless. I feel very disappointed about this and in a way feel that this policy was originally mis sold to me. Could you advise?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name isXXXXX and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.
Do you have a specific question?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What further information do you need.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

I need to know what the policy
is, what the alleged benefits are, what it costs, and why you think that it is
virtually worthless.

Health care policies rarely have
any cash in value so I am not altogether certain what the problem is.

I need the full background
details please. Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This policy started in 94 when I was paying about £30/m. The monthly premium was indexed linked and I'm now paying over £100/m. It was explained to me today that this was a balanced fund where some of the money was paid into a 'pot', then taken out to pay for the insurance. I've now discovered what I thought was a big pot now ends up being worth about £1,400 on surrender! and most of the moneys paid in was going towards paying for agents fees to manage or put the money into this fund! I just feel a bit aggrieved.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

What were the benefits supposed to be re Healthcare?

Do you have the original illustrations? Who is the policy with?

Have you ever claimed on it?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm not sure I can answer the question properly as this is not my discipline, It says disability income benefit is £10,710.

Yes I have the original Illustrations.

The policy was with AXA Equity and Law, but now FriendsLife.

No I have not made any claims.

Rick

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Have you filed a misspelling claim with Friends?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I haven't approached Friends about this yet, I'm not sure what to do. What is a misspelling claim?

I'm sorry but I don't feel I'm getting anywhere with this.

I will probably engage a local solicitor for advice.Frown

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Sorry my typo. Misselling. I will opt out.
Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.

I see the expert has opted out - do you still need help?