How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stuart J Your Own Question
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 22624
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street Practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now

County court

Customer Question

I issued a county court money claim, as defendant would not correspond with me directly. Now as the county court claim has been served. the defendant has got a solicitor to act on his behalf. the solicitor is telling me to communicate with them directly. I want it to go to court as they are messing me around. sending back paper work including county court claim form as "return to sender" yet they have acknowledged the claim to money claim on-line. what should i do ?

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name is Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.

Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

How much is owed?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

total owed is £4,884.00

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

Can we have the full background details of the claim please?

Who is messing you around, the solicitor or the defendant? Who is
sending things back "return to sender"?

Are they still at the address to which you are corresponding?

I am not altogether certain what the question is because the
solicitors have told you to communicate with them directly and that is what you
should do.