12826847

My wife, Lucy and I have been involved in an acrimonious exchange

Customer Question

My wife, Lucy and I have been involved in an acrimonious exchange with another Lady Priscilla. Lucy, a qualified music teacher of long experience, she is 59 tears old started a choir of 30 to 40 singers 2 years ago and in August she found that her relationship with Priscilla was so bad that she had to ask her to leave. Lucy gave Priscilla notice in writing that Lucy would not expect to see her at the next choir rehearsal but Priscilla told various supporters and made Lucy tell her at the rehearsal and voiced her considerable outrage that she was being picked on. This led to some members of the choir walking out in support of Priscilla. Priscilla maintained that she was being discriminated against, bullied and demeaned. However Lucy is the sole Conductor, organizer and creator of the choir. The choir pay £2 per session of 1 to 1.5 hrs and one third is paid for the venue, one third to Lucy and the balance is used for song sheets etc.
Both Lucy and I, Fairfax are members in a committee in the same area, Devonport Park. The choir is separate from the committee but use the same community rooms for meetings. Fairfax is Secretary of the committee and has found it impossible to get information about activities that the committee have organised. Priscilla is the principal organiser on behalf of the committee together with Plymouth City Council. Despite many requests Priscilla has refused to give information that the Chairman and Secretary have requested. She has said that she is being bullied and hassled and the secretary has no right to request the information although Fairfax is supported by the Chairman and Treasurer and 75% of the committee. This has been very acrimonious and Priscilla has voiced her opinion to many members of the association( total apprx 100) that she is being hassled bullied and that Fairfax is only the correspondence clark and not a Hon Sec who is responsible for admin, despite the Chairman confirming the opposite. Lucy and Fairfax feel that their characters are being defamed. Mediation by a qualified mediator has been refused by Priscilla. Both Lucy and Fairfax work for different voluntary organisations and feel that their reputations are being defamed to the extent that other committees may refuse to use their services if offered. What can we do? Fairfax
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?