12826847

If I sent a message to someone who made me very angry saying

Customer Question

If I sent a message to someone who made me very angry saying You deserve to die a horrible death or you should go and die, is this a threat? I am being accused of making a direct threat despite the fact I apologised shortly afterwards and explained it was a burst of anger due to severely differing opinions on a very emotive subject.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Sorry for the delay.

To whom has this allegation been made?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It was made to an online acquaintance, basically it was just an argument that got out of hand but I never made a direct threat and it seems to have been blown out of all proportion, to me, from up north, its just normal argument banter with no background connotation to it what-so-ever.

Oh yes, of course its all blown out of proportion. Normal reasonable people with jobs and hobbies and things that fill up their time would just ignore this twaddle.

Its not really a threat. Its more an unpleasant wish than anything else.

In any event, on no account give your address over the Internet. For all you know this person could be a paranoid schizophrenic on AWOL from a mental health home.

If she wants to report this nonsense then you just let her do so. The police can trace you using IP addresses if they think its worth it which they will not. Please do not worry. The police have their time wasted all the time but they will not devote this amount of resources to what is ultimately a s5 public order.