UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

I am currently on an entrepreneur visa for last 2 years and

Customer Question

I am currently on an entrepreneur visa for last 2 years and have already met the requirements for my extension in march 2015. I am getting married next month so was thinking of applying to switch to spouse visa and that would give me extra flexibility . God forbid if things go wring in marrige will I be able to retain my entrepreneur visa ..?
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

Regarding your visa, if you marry and then apply to switch to a spouse visa and your application is refused you would still have your entrepreneur visa to fall back on, provided up until the time of refusal you were still undertaking your duties as an Entrepreneur.

If you apply for a spouse visa and your visa is granted then your Entrepreneur visa will no longer exist as you would have switched into a different visa category. If your marriage then does not work out then you will not be able to rely on your entrepreneur visa as this would no longer exist because you would have switched to a spouse visa.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer negatively I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Is there anything further I can assist you with? if not I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.