Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street Practice
11292137

My phone was hacked and i lost lost about 350 E Mails from

Customer Question

My phone was hacked and i lost lost about 350 E Mails from May 28 to june6 when the police arrived at my front door (complete with Tazer gun) at the request of my bank who had been trying to contact me by phone but unable to due to my phonecalls being diverted.I was given a phone number when i phoned the number it was my bank telling me a fraudster had removed £7500 from bank acc via my credit card the bank have replaced the money and talktalk who was my provider at the time and after lots of e mails have said the money was not for the benefit of talktalk and have closed their complaint file.As i have not given my permision to discloes my pritvate details to a third party do i have a case against talktalk David Walden
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name is Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.
What loss have you suffered?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

money wise nothing, but trauma stress,etc my wife has suffered more than I

talktalk have not shown any duty of care and as a result my family have suffered I am 83 and my wife 76 Was there service Fit for purpose

DWalden

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

I am not certain what TT did wrong. Can you please clarify what your gripe is with them?

I am sorry to appear stupid

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

TalkTalk allowed through there negligence a third party to access my private and confidential information/details having been told repeatedly that my phone and internet were not working. I employed a computer consultant who recover 300 e mails that had gone to a third party that talktalk said they could do nothing about in other words the service that they provided was unfit tor purpose The supply of goods act1982 and that as a result of there negligence I suffered stress etc and should be compensated Have they not committed a criminal offence?

D Walden

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

Whilst they may be in breach of the terms of the supply of goods
and services act in that they have failed to carry out the required job with
reasonable care and skill, this is in no way a criminal matter. You can of
course complain to their complaints department but from past experience, you
would probably be better saving the stamp! You can sue them for
damages/compensation if you want the trouble of going to court.

You cannot use the online service because you are not claiming for
a fixed amount of money and the amount of compensation that you are entitled to
ultimately be decided by a judge. You would be entitled to recover the cost of
employing the expert to deal with recovering your emails.

Does that answer the question? Can I assist further or answer any
specific queries?

If you have not done already, please don't forget to positively
rate my answer service even if it was not what you wanted to hear. You should
now see a series of buttons which enable you to rate my answer service
formally.

If you don't rate it positively, then the site keep your deposit and I get 0
for my time. It is imperative that you give my answer a positive rating.

It doesn't give me, "a pat on the head", "good boy" (like ebay), it is my
livelihood!

If in ratings you feel that you expected more or it only helped a little, please
ask.

The thread does remain open for me to answer follow-up questions
after rating my answer service.

Rating doesn't close the enquiry at
all even though the site may give that impression. It remains open for you to
read and ask for further clarification.

Regards.

PS Experts on here are online and off-line all day each day and
weekends so please bear with me if I do not get back to you immediately.

PS. I use voice type, voice recognition typing because I only
type with two fingers and it would take me ages. Sometimes, a computer does not
hear me correctly and you will get an incoherent word. I do try to but
sometimes they slip through. I apologise therefore if anything doesn't make
sense. It is me losing it, not you. Just ask if anything is not clear please.