Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

We have gone through the correct procedures of ending tenancy

Customer Question

We have gone through the correct procedures of ending tenancy with selwood housing to go private. An inspector arrived on an agreed date, he had no camera at the time to record any damages.. and signed our rented property off all ok. As agreed the keys were handed over, we then recieved a letter telling us it was all finalized and two month's on we have a letter through the door with a bill to remove the kitchen flooring after it was signed off on paper as ok by the inspector and my wife. This has now been named as "outstanding dept". Is there a maximum time period after end of tenancy for this to be valid for billing us. we are an honest hard working couple that can do without this on top of the bills we already have.. where do we stand
kind regards XXXXX XXXXX

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
Alex Watts : On what basis are they removing the kitchen floor - are they saying you caused damage please?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.