12826847

my son has joint parental control over all 3 children and residency

Customer Question

my son has joint parental control over all 3 children and residency of his daughter, the court gave residency of the two boys to their mother. just over a year ago she gave the boys back to my son saying she could not cope. they have lived with my son since then and are in school and registered with doctors, dentist, etc. she now has two further children and is in an a violent abusive relationship, social services have advised my son not to let the children visit with her because of safety issues. her contact is very sporadic. If I refused contact could the police force me to hand them over?
Thank you for your question
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first
How old are the children?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi the girl is 9 then the boys are 7 and 5.

How often are the children left in your care?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the girl has lived with me for the past 4 years, and the two boys were with their dad for the first 9 months after the mum ran off, she then went to court got residency of the boys and then sent them back 15 months ago. they have both been with my son continuously since.

Why are you now worried about her removing them from your care?
Has she threatened you?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

social services have told my son not to allow her contact because of the trauma the boys suffered at the hands of her boyfriend. whenever my son dose not do as she wants she threatens to remove the boys. if he does as social services have advised then she will turn up with the police. she has taken them before and they suffered trauma before she returned them. we have been told that police have no jurisdiction in this matter but need to know if this is true? she often threatens and uses the children as weapons.

has she actually used the police in this way before - or just threatened to do so
Claire