Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator

i have just registered a domain name my question

Customer Question

i have just registered a domain name my question is if that name violates with ?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
Alex Watts : Are you and they in the same sectorz.
JACUSTOMER-s3o061ja- :

what do you mean same sector? the main goal of my site is to link to their site which will bring them customers and i would ear affiliate

Alex Watts : Ok. So you are not competing with them?
JACUSTOMER-s3o061ja- :

my site will not do what they do. they are actually trading forex. my site will be information only about forex trading, communicate between traders

Alex Watts : Ok. The test is this would customers be confused between you and them, if you make it clear that you are just an affiliate then there will be no issue.
Alex Watts : But if you are using the domain in bad faith and customers could be confused between you and them then only at this point would it become an issue.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything about this for you please? Alex
JACUSTOMER-s3o061ja- :

yes, what do you mean badfaith?

Alex Watts : Using their name to trade off in direct comeptitIon
JACUSTOMER-s3o061ja- :

no not at all

JACUSTOMER-s3o061ja- :

i dont have trading platforms etc

JACUSTOMER-s3o061ja- :

in fact they are very happy for me to open a site which will bring them customers

JACUSTOMER-s3o061ja- :

people cannot invest orbuy anything on my site

Alex Watts : I see. Then this should not be a problem, but I would run it by them first though just to be sure.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this please?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what do you mean "run it by them first though just to be sure"?

if my site is not doing anything like they do, then i what's the point asking?