Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator

My husband of 5 years (3rd marriage each) has forced me and

Customer Question

My husband of 5 years (3rd marriage each) has forced me and insists that we share the marriageable bed. I have a severe disability and he is rather larger than me. His bulk makes him sweat excessively and makes me uncomfortable. Has he the right to expect me to have to share a bed with him even if it makes my disability worse. I have Cervical and Lumber spondylitus, scholiosis, and severe arthritus. I need my single spare bedroom badly

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

If you are in the Uk then you are free to sleep anywhere you like. Its entirely a matter for you. Its not within his control.

If you have another room that you want to sleep in then you are free to do so.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Jo you have made my day. I am in the Uk and he is quite adament that his is right. Can I come back to you should I need you. I shall sleep much happier in my little cosy room tonight. Jan

Yes, no problem.

Obviously that what you cannot do is force him to leave the matrimonial bed as its as much his room as yours. But if you choose to sleep elsewhere then thats up to you.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.