Can you tell me where I stand in an appeal with my local council

Customer Question

Can you tell me where I stand in an appeal with my local council in Northampton. I am disabled (I have to use two sticks to walk). I live in a first floor flat and struggle to go out as I have to go down two flights of stairs and through a security door and then get to my mobility car or the reverse if going home. To get a move they have put me in B band which means that I could be in my flat for anything up to one or two years.I gave them all the medical information with a letter from my Doctor and even my Care Manager has written backing my claim. I feel like pulling my hair out with frustration.

Sharon Oliver
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name isXXXXX and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.

Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

Have you been provided a reason as to why you were only placed in Band B?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

I am going to
opt out of this for another expert to consider. Please do not reply or it comes
back into my inbox. Another expert will pick it up at some stage. It is now
open to all experts.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
my advisor opted out of answering my question
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No thank you . needed the answer yesterday as my appeal time period had run out .I hope I will receive a have my question cancelled and I will receive a refund.

Sharon Oliver